Photography is the art and technique of obtaining lasting images due to the action of light, from the first photographic process in the 1820s to the present we can see great changes in this field as well as many different ways in which photographers and visual artists approach this medium.
OPEN Center for the Arts presents this call for our first international exhibition of photography
Submission is now closed.
Open theme, technique and Open to color or b/w
Up to three images for consideration, only one will be selected
1. Must be 18 and over
2. Works must be owned by the author
3. Selected photo must be framed in a 16 x 20 inches (no exceptions)
There are two ways that you can submit your photographs for the Open Call:
1. You can fill out the form in the "Registration Form" tab OR
2. You can download the Registration Form PDF (on the right) and submit via email by following the rules below.
If you choose to submit via email, please follow these rules:
1. Write on the subject: "OPEN Photo Exhibition"
2. Complete and attach the registration form (available for download on the right)
3. Make a registration payment of $25 through PayPal
4. Attach image of each photograph for consideration (300 dpi)
5. Name each JPG image with the first initial, last name and image number (example: ASmith1.jpg)
6. Attach a photo of the Artist
7. In the body of the mail include:
- Artist's name
- Titles of works
- Type of photograph (digital or analog)
- Artist statement (no more than 100 words)
NOTE: Any incomplete registration will not be considered
Cost of Registration
A non-refundable $25 fee in advance is required by artist
Deadline extended to February 28, 2015
March 7 - April 11
- We will send an e-mail to the selected artists notifying their acceptance on February 23, 2015.
- The list of all participants will be subsequently posted on our Facebook page and website:
- The selected works must be sent to the gallery framed in a 16 x 20 inches and ready for mount.
- Artists residing outside the US write to email@example.com for mounting options.
- Deadline for art work: February 23 - February 27
- Return of art work date: May 1 - May 8
- The artist is responsible for delivering the art work ready for mounting in the framed format requested.
- The art work not picked up after 30 days from the date stipulated for this is considered donation to the gallery.
- The artist is responsible for send/return shipping cost.
- The artist must complete and sign Registration Form 2015 and Liability Waiver 2015